|Option 1 Anchoring Your Rain Chain (Highly Recommended)
The rain chain installation option by Monarch International Inc. has been tested and increases rain chain stability and prevents water splashing. Anchoring works best especially in areas of wind and in areas of extreme cold / icy conditions.
1. Unhook the triangular hanger from the rain chain. (as shown in Step -1)
2. Mark two points at a distance of 6-8 inches along the back wall, just above the rain gutter drain hole (keep cup close to rain gutter drain hole this will prevent water splashing and will allow smooth flow of water into the rain chain).
3. Open the two ends (arms) of triangular hanger. (as Shown in Step 3 & 4)
4. The two ends (arms) of triangular hanger can be easily bent using pliers. (as shown in Step-5)
5. Anchor one end (arm) of triangular hanger with back wall using screw and washer. (as shown in Step-6)
6. Assemble the rain chain with triangular hanger. (as shown in Step-6)
7. Anchor the other end (arm) of triangular hanger with back wall using screw and washer.
8. Please ensure the screws are tightened. (Installation completed. Step-7)
Option 2 Slide and Install (Quick Install Option)
1. Unhook the triangular hanger from the rain chain. (as shown in Step-1)
2. Slide the triangular hanger in the rain gutter drain hole. It will look like an upside down triangle sitting in the rain gutter drain hole.
3. Installation may require some slight bending of triangular hanger that can be easily done by hand or with pliers.
4. Assemble triangular hanger and rain chain. (as shown blow)-Installation completed.
Installation And Usage Tips
- Use a rain gutter screen to prevent debris and leaves from entering your rain chain.
- Over time copper will gain a wonderful natural verdigris patina.
To shorten to your rain Chain
1. Decide how short you would like the rain chain to be.
2. To remove the piece, carefully unbend the two adjustment links on either side of the rain chain link you whish to remove